Udyog Aadhar Registration is an online registration process introduced by the Indian government for Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs). This registration replaces the earlier registration process known as Udyog Aadhaar registration. The objective of Udyam registration is to provide a unique identification number to MSMEs, which will enable them to avail various benefits provided by the government, such as loans, subsidies, and other schemes. The registration process is free and can be done online through the Udyam Registration Portal. To be eligible for Udyam registration, businesses must meet the criteria based on their investment in plant and machinery or equipment, and their annual turnover. Once registered, businesses can update their details and avail benefits provided by the government.
Process of udyam registration
Udyam registration is a process that enables small businesses to register themselves under the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Development (MSMED) Act. The process of Udyam registration can be completed online through the official Udyam registration portal. Here are the steps involved in the Udyam registration process:
- Visit the official Udyam registration portal: udyamregistration.co
- Click on the “For New Entrepreneurs who are not Registered yet as MSME” button.
- Enter your Aadhaar number and name as per Aadhaar card. Click on “Validate & Generate OTP.”
- Enter the OTP received on your registered mobile number and click on “Validate OTP.”
- Fill in the required details, such as your business name, address, and type of organization.
- Enter the NIC Code (National Industrial Classification) that is applicable to your business activities.
- Provide the details of the bank account linked to your business.
- Submit the registration form and pay the registration fee.
- Upon successful submission of the registration form, you will receive a unique Udyam registration number (URN) via email or SMS.
It is important to note that businesses that are already registered as MSMEs under the old Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum (UAM) scheme will have to re-register themselves under the new Udyam registration process.